Wednesday 4 March 2015

Day 63 2015: Feeling out on a limb...

Day 63: ...like starting over

So today arrived. Well, like most other days fortunately, I suppose: dark, dawn, sun rising etc, we know the pattern. But no, dear reader, you know what I mean. Study! Yes, today I turned up for my classes as I resume my student life. I've started a Masters (for all sorts of reasons which are probably best left to the other blog). 

The #project365 photos are largely random, that's the point, I think. But there is a little planning in as much as one thinks about where one will be, what one might be doing, which camera should I take...?? And so today, knowing that I would be dashing from my campus to a Brisbane one in time for a 5.00pm class, I thought I might try and get to the top of the hill in time to take some sun-beginning-to-sink-in-the-west-type photos. After all, how many classic dragonfly-by-the-lake pics do you want to see dear reader? Oh, really? That many. I see. Tomorrow perhaps.

Well, anyway, plans were changed a little when a separate meeting on campus was called which left me dashing from one car park to the other; rushing to class...library intros, all these things. 

With classes over at 8.00pm, I knew my pic plans were possibly precarious...I had no pics, it was dark. Well, there was a well lit car park, so...


'I woz here'...but where to?

I was here. What else might I do? And then the headlights on the bush reminded me of some experimental pics I've wanted to do...lighting scenes with lighting other than flash. 



Aha, there's a light, there's a thought

So when I got home, I tried that with the roses and the moon. They're not prize winners, but some potential, if I work on it.


The rose and the moon...getting my failures out there

It's like being a student starting out in a Masters, you know you've got some basics behind you but sometimes, the early days of study are just about pushing yourself, experimenting with what you know, finding out what you don't know.

My first tentative steps tonight in a few things...it is what I love about being a learner and learning from learning. I hope it makes me a better teacher. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 8.19pm, 8.20pm; 9.36pm, 9.45pm; the rose pic taken at ISO 6400]