Wednesday 25 March 2015

Day 84 2015: The egret on the fly...

Day 84: ...and the dragonfly then landed

I had a moment before I headed back down the highway for another class; the last class in this current module. It is interesting to be doing another postgraduate degree in the present university climate. Always interesting to see how different generations of students, exposed to different education cultures, approach postgraduate education now. We've sold out our educational culture really...I'm glad I did my undergraduate study when I did.

Anyway, I knew I'd be unlikely to get pics later in the day. I was leaving a bit later than planned which would mean arriving just in time for class. Lucky for us, dear reader, our friendly egret proffered a pose for us at the lake by the car park, just as I was leaving. What else was I to do then?

The egret watches the ibis

Alert...
We were quite minding our own respective business until some people came past. They sort of frightened the egret, but selfishly enough, I thought it an opportunity for more birds in flight shots.


People you know?

I'm out of here...
But if you look closely...

Really...(near the tip of the wing)

I think there is, in the background, one of these...

Holding on for dear life in a very strong wind, nearby

Meanwhile, 30 pics and 10 minutes later, it was time for me to make haste too. So I did. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 2.41pm-2.48pm]

*This post is dedicated to Jinko Hashimoto, best Japanese friend and snapper-partner here and there (though she was team Nikon, I'm team Canon, a standing jibe). I've posted some of her pics in earlier posts. Friend and kindly mentor of all things Japanese since 1984. Cancer. Vale.