Friday 20 March 2015

Day 79 2015: The planned unplanning...

Day 79: ...the serendipitous spontaneity

...of a (brief) walk in the park. But that wasn't what was supposed to happen today dear reader. Plan A was to trek up the highway to work. When I realised I'd actually get more done by staying at home, I stayed at home: Plan B. Then I realised I had an appointment across town (which I would have missed had I jumped in the car as per Plan A). 

So suddenly before 10.00am, I was already up to Plan C, which was to do some work revising and rewriting lecture material before taking off across town. Which I did, dragging my camera behind me. Well, in my bag. Since I was on public transport, I figured I might stop and take something in the city as I traversed the Queen Street Mall, all the way home. 

I was thinking a half a dozen shots at three minute intervals at a certain spot...but not really because of course, as you know dear reader, these pics are all about the unplanned, the spontaneous, the serendipitous...non?

On the return journey back through the city, I opted, for no real reason, just to get off at Roma Street train station. It's there or Central, the walk to my bus stop is about the same. It was then I realised: Roma Street Parklands...of course! Whereupon, serendipity took over...


Wall of water...we felt the heat today

Haiku in waiting I

Lotus leaf as moon crater with water feature

Who is watching the watchers...

...while they surf...we all felt the heat today



Haiku in waiting II
...all in about thirty minutes. It's enough to make me want to go back, soon. If for no other reason than to see the ibis...




















...what style. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 4.22pm-4.57pm]