Friday 13 March 2015

Day 72 2015: A few of my favourite things...

Day 72: ...sunshine, blue sky, rose leaves and clouds

Just not (quite) all at once. My eye will 'catch' a potential photo at the oddest of times. And I dare say, dear reader, the compulsive obsessive nature of this little project means I'll usually divert attention just to try and capture what my eye saw. Sometimes, an eyesore, yes.

This morning, as I was about to leave, the sun struck the new rose leaves at such an angle I ducked outside to try and capture it. There was a glorious blue sky into the mix as well. I do like the newness of the leaves and their contrasting red against the green. They'll be green soon enough, along with a new rosebud or two.

Sunshine and rose leaves

It's almost there, not quite what I saw, but a close representation. 

As I was leaving work this evening to pick up a friend at the airport, the clouds at the coast were ideally photographic. (OK, clouds are always ideally photographic.) They were rain clouds, well some of them were. There was an odd demarcation across the fields and paths to the car park: a clear difference between those areas which caught some of the rain and those that didn't. You don't see it often. I thought it worth a pic. 

Cloudy
And without realising it, I'd captured most of a few of my favourite things as seen through the lens. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 7.33am, 5.18pm]