Tuesday 26 June 2018

Day 174/365: Surf is (not) up...

...and the work/life balance line blurs again

Regular readers will know that golf is not one of my sports. You will know that because I don't think I've ever mentioned it on these pages. Ever, But that might soon change. 

A friend of the family has a daughter on the Japanese tour so there are visitors here this week in support. Today I was supposed to be on a golf course (a first) watching...but alas, she just missed the cut this weekend. 'What can we do?' they asked, I mentioned my surf history research and that they weren't far from the 2020 Olympic venue, if they were interested. 

Waiting by the station

Surf's out there, somewhere

Rider

There were flowers

...of the picturesque kind

Before I made the trek back to Tokyo


So yep, there we were, in the rain, watching a waveless surf for a few hours. Probably on a par with whacking a little white ball around undulating fields when you think about it. 

But another Saturday spent going to the beach for research purposes. Not a bad day job really. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 1.20pm, 1.48pm, 4.09pm-4.10pm; 23 June 2018]