Monday 17 August 2015

Day 229 2015: A night in the city...

Day 229: ...after a day in the country

It is always the *day after* a great photo day that I wonder sometimes, 'how might I top that'? Today was a work at home day with a meeting to chair in the evening. Naturally, the plan was to take the camera with me but also during the day, I stepped outside on occasion to exercise the shutter, just in case...

I got to the city, to my meeting, whereupon I was due to step down from chairing this particular group, after two years. Well, that didn't happen. But it will...one day. 

On the way back to the bus stop, instead of going down to the Myer Centre, I took a left over the bridge to the Cultural Centre bus stop. I don't really know why, I just had a hunch there'd be something on the other side of the river. 

Glad I did. Where are these colours to be found?


Red...

Orange...

Sandstone...

Green...

If you guessed the old Vicky Bridge section, congratulations to you. I can see this little spot is going to become one of my favourites. I've always loved the textures of the sandstone but now they've added colours...

A bit of blue...


A bit of violet

Vicky B and the Wheel

All the colours of the rainbow (almost). I reckon it is set to become as iconic for night time snappers as our Story Bridge. (Indeed, as I snapped away, a couple were already getting their formal-ish pics taken.)


[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 8.34pm-8.36pm]