Sunday 30 August 2015

Day 242.5 2015: Zzzooooming in and out...

Day 242.5: ... on my city

You might recall, dear reader, a few weeks ago I played around with an old camera technique I learnt at high school: zooming the telephoto zoom lens in and/or out while on long exposure. I zoomed in and out on the pelican in the lake...

Well, tonight, just before I left the mountain lookout (see Day 242), the Story Bridge just jumped out as a possible candidate for the trick...

Without a tripod, totally hand-held...

City Scribbles 1

City Scribbles 2

Then rested on a platform...

City lights on zoom 1

City lights on zoom 2

And a little bit on the tripod...

Story Bridge zooming 1

Story Bridge zooming 2


I don't know...felt like my very own fireworks show in the end. Quite a bit of fun really. 

We just might do it again sometime. 

[Camera : Canon 60D, 75-300mm, zooming, 6.45pm-6.49pm]