Friday 28 August 2015

Day 240 2015: End of days...

Day 240: ...painting with clouds

Friday. There are never enough hours in a Friday to get all the things done you need to do before the weekend 'starts'. It is that time of our semester where all the work is piling up and academics can hit the 100-hour working week just to keep on top of all the demands: student, administrative, management, engagement, research and teaching. Let's not forget the teaching. 

Friday. It doesn't actually mean the start of the weekend. It just signals work shall carry on elsewhere, like home, or perhaps another run to campus to access the necessary websites and databases. 

Friday. And today, unusually, the orchestra had to perform in a concert, a fundraiser. So instead of staying back and getting my work finished, I had to leave at a time that would get me to the church on time. Literally. That's where we were playing. At a church. 

That left me with five minutes, literally, to get some pics before I hit the road. A bit dark for the birds at that stage but the sky, the clouds, the light, all combined to present those lovely 'sky-cloud-paintings' I'd like to be able to paint, if I could paint. But I can't. So I take photos instead. 

And there was some real movement in the sky this evening: 

Cloudscape A

Cloudscape B

Cloudscape C

Cloudscape D

Cumulus 1 with bird bombs

Cumulus 1 sans bird bombs

And then the sun set behind the tree, to the west...

'Sumi-e' (Ink painting with sun set and gum tree)

And then, it was shake my tail feather...


off we went
...if I was going to have any chance of getting to the church on the northside of Bris in time for 'instruments up'.

For tomorrow there shall be more work because I dared to go outside the work paradigm, ever so briefly. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.24pm-5.31pm]