Friday 14 August 2015

Day 226 2015: Industry on a Friday afternoon...

Day 266: ...that's incy wincy industry

Friday afternoon, teaching. It's been a while but I guess someone has to do it. It seems odd to be heading against the traffic as everyone else is headed to the Coast for their weekends. Still, I had plans for the evening...a play for one thing. 

But best laid plans as they say. Thought there might be a few bird pics by the lake again as I left. And it was that particular afternoon light: not quite bright, not quite sunset...that 'soft' light that permeates the grasses...which is what I planned to take. It is trickier than you think, to get it just right. 

So as I started focussing, up popped an incy wincy spider, just starting work I guess, just as I was finishing. 

Balancing act

Catch the web

Through the air

Building up

How neat, I wonder how they do it. 

And the surface of the water was another impressionist piece of joy.

Friday's lake

And hot on the heels of Ekka photo success, today I learnt my application to join the Qld Symphony Orchestra for a day was ... successful! Woohoo. Roll on October. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 4.54pm-5.03pm]