Sunday 4 June 2017

Day 154, 3 Jun 2017: Bring me my coffee...

Day 154: ...and my reggae, my beer and chips

Yesterday on the way to work, some people were handing out leaflets at the station, letting us know about the Ethiopian Festival to be held in the open spaces in the Ariake precinct. Well, that's exciting.  Good reason to come to work at least. 

And the promise of real coffee, roasted, ground and served right before our eyes. And reggae. Hmm, should I even bother with work??

Well, I did, there is always something that needs to be done (in this case preparations for a presentation soon...). But the promise of that Ethiopian coffee...

Energetic kidlettes

Violin

Voice

Listen for the downbeat bro

Beard

Stalls

Let the roasting commence

Coffee ceremony

Patience

Half-roast

Just about there

Grinding with a touch of incense 

A little leaf with my coffee

Now they're chips

The beat

The sax

Secondary beat

The man

The hat

The moon rising

Mementos 



One of the great reasons to be working where I am at the moment is that fact that festivals of all sorts are held around here regularly--usually based on food, drink and music. Can't go wrong really. And for Japan, a country slowly coming to terms with multiple ethnicities, though not quite multiculturalism, that's probably not a bad thing. 

Now, who is next?

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.50pm-6.19pm; 3 June 2017]