Sunday 25 June 2017

Day 176, 25 Jun 2017: True, it never rains...

Day 176: ...it just buckets down like a Queensland summer storm

(or, like they used to do...)

So yesterday, dear reader, you will recall it was a day (or evening) at a concert hall down the rail track I've passed many times but never been in. 

Well, today I was back there, for a friend's concert this time: a mandolin orchestra. It was a special anniversary for the orchestra, 100 years of playing. Pretty good for a community group. My orchestra back home has clocked up 45 years, we've got a bit of a way to go. 

There was a restriction on photographs during the performance but the building itself is quite a sight. 

Outside the Theatre

All the waiting

Before heading in

The Lobby

The escalator

The ceiling

From the concert hall on the 5th floor

Looking out

Bravo

While I was there, I bought a ticket for a jazz orchestra concert in a couple of months...it never rains but...


Hello, I think we've met before*

Trying to attract attention (with a seven samurai banner...?)


And at the end of the day, just to prove my work is never very far away, a candidate for the upcoming municipal election 'just happened' to be outside the theatre...thanks guys. That made me feel a whole lot better about the day. (>,<)

*If I recall correctly, this fellow was part of then candidate, now Governor Koike's team last year when I was doing the rounds. Now he is a candidate for next month's local election. Well, well...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.39pm-12.51pm, 3.44pm, 4.07pm-4.08pm; 25 June 2017]