Saturday 5 September 2015

Day 248 2015: It was supposed to be all about The Seagull...

Day 248: ...it ended quite differently

So actually, I'm quite exhausted. I'm not sure today's post will be finished properly. I had simple intentions today. Pay bills. Visit local shops--buy coffee, buy flowers--a regular Saturday morning. As regular as mine get. You know, dear reader. 

The afternoon was to be a moment in the theatre, a somewhat highly anticipated production of Chekov's 'The Seagull', a stroll through South Bank (to also photograph the seagulls *meaningful link*) and then home for tomorrow I play...in the band, at St Lucia.

On my way to a play, @QAGOMA
Good plan. Poorly executed. Outcome excellent. 

You see, on the way back to South Bank, I encountered a Brisbane Writers Festival panel with twitter tidda Dr Anita Heiss, so I paused, to listen. And then...


Letters to my 80-year-old self, a writers' panel

Bris Writers

In conversation...with Dr Anita

...and then we stayed on and listened to others and caught up on conversations like old times...and...and...and, just had a fabulous, completely unanticipated evening. 

Sometimes, it is nice to have days like these. As John Lennon once sang, nobody told me there'd be days like these...but I'm so glad there are these days, like these. 

The Seagulls will always be there. 

(Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 1.09pm, 8.33pm-9.07pm)