Wednesday 23 September 2015

Day 266 2015: What made the egret cross the road?

Day 266: ...I have no answer for that

Some days, I have no answer for many things. Not that that is always terribly helpful in my line of work but sometimes, despite aiming for ways to seek the small things, world peace and the like, there are just questions I can't answer. 

Take the classic, 'why did the chicken cross the road?' Where did that question even come from then, eh? And what about a twist on an old favourite, when the egret, rarely seen away from the water, was seen crossing the road, or the path actually...

What's that Skip? You know the answer?

Away he went...

Dipped a toe...

Thought the better of it...

And moved on...
...until it changed its mind. I asked around...

Who were these two gossiping about? 
...but the wrens were rather too busy...

This bloke, probably...

and clearly, it was one question too many for the kanga, the most pained look I saw all day, and that's saying something after hours of teaching. 

Oh, just don't ask me again...

Still, it is my job to keep asking the questions and, seeking the answers. And I will.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 4.14pm-4.25pm]