Sunday 20 September 2015

Day 263 2015: Park art features...

Day 263: ...for want of something else

Sunday, chore day. Washing the dishes, dry the dishes, turn the dishes over-type of chores. Dodging the raindrops while hanging out the washing; a bit of a garden tidy up before getting up the courage to have a second go at major department stores...

What might one do then, photographically-speaking? I had to return some library books as well, so while out and about I thought I might check out some of our local parks...like something I'd just invented but pretended had been an ad hoc feature of my photographic adventures. (How's that for bluff? I really had no idea what I might do...)

Anyway, since I was driving past our little local waterway, I thought I could look there. It was 'attacked' a few weeks ago, mysteriously wiped out by poisons, either dumped deliberately or a leak from the quarry around the back. 

Whatever has happened, we appear to have lost a lot of the birdlife there. A bit sad. Still there were some features worth capturing, since photography is also for the record. 

It's getting dark...

Looking down the creek...

Zooming down the creek...

Movement on the surface

Litter, sadly

Fingers crossed this little oasis returns to life and life returns, soon.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.41pm-5.52pm]