Sunday 6 September 2015

Day 249 2015: Sunday, music day...

Day 249: ...Festival day...music, music, music

...and donuts. 

Yes, it is Festival time in Brisbane at the moment (see yesterday, for example). And today, my orchestra had its concert at Schonell, as we do. And just at the moment I was going to spend some post-concert time trying to recapture the glorious damselfly-on-the-turtle-snout pic...(it happened, earlier in the year), a friend rang and we opted for an evening at Brisbane Festival, again. 

I was a bit keen since a Japanese jazz band was due to play, but I realise this might be a slightly eclectic choice on my part...I have a long history with Japanese jazz bands. But no, my friend was also happy to come along. 

We wandered a bit around 'Arcadia', the precinct set-up along the South Bank cultural forecourt with food, including donuts. Actual. Real. Hot. Cinnamon. Donuts...


There were other things to see as well, 'possums' in the tree, for example...


Lights in the trees
The wheel, again, in different colours...


Tonight's colours

Erm, performance art...lying around...


They were getting around

...moving on...

And then they walked past

Food trucks, we may have visited

Welcome to the Spiegeltent

And, the band: Fox Capture Plan, a trio: keyboards, string bass and drums, in the Spiegeltent (which is a venue all of its own). Took me right back to my early interest in Japanese jazz...jazz with a rock sound/rock with a jazz vibe. 



Fox Capture Plan

Kawai Hidehiro on bass

Inoue Tsukasa, drums

Kishimoto Ryo, keyboards


Fantastic.

Great way to finish the weekend / see in the working week...


Did I mention donuts?

[Camera: Canon, EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.18pm-6.29pm; 7.16pm-7.45pm (the band); iPhone 6, 6.29pm]