Thursday 3 September 2015

Day 246 2015: Taking flight...

Day 246: ...in a golden glow

I reached a point late this afternoon where I needed to get some fresh air, go for a walk...'take flight' if I could. 

That's it, take flight. Today was extended student consultation and meeting times right from the point I landed on campus to some time past 4.30pm, with no gaps really. It is quite intense, a very good side of the job, but intense. 

And when you do all that, you always end up with more work piling up, waiting for you when...well, when you get back I suppose, but then, sometimes you never seem to get away. 

So I made myself do just that, or at least, #project365 made me do it. I needed some pics and a walk to the lake seemed like a good idea at the time. 

But it was the time of the day where everything seemed to be on the wing, or taking flight for the night, no fright...

Wings of the ibis

On the wing, over the water

DUCK!

...or basking in the golden glow of an early evening twilight. 


Wattle time...GOLD!

GOLDen...

Back to work, a few more hours. Not quite caught up but on the way. (But not really.)

[Camera : Canon 60D, 75-300mm, 5.15pm-5.32pm]