Friday 18 September 2015

Day 261 2015: I was rather peeved...

Day 261: ...and then, Hannah

It was a late finish to the day today. It is that time of semester I suppose but still, it doesn't seem to be quite right to be leaving the office at 7.45pm on a Friday, does it. Does it? 

But so it was. Of course, my greatest concern by that stage was, 'oh no, another day, another no photo'. I love this hobby but sometimes it might be adding a layer of stress I can probably do without. I even contemplated a # project 52 for next year...a post once a week, instead of every day. I wonder how that might work? 

But driving home, I noticed the crescent moon setting in the West, to my right, as I travelled down the highway. A-ha, that will do, I thought. 

Got home to find that it had set quite quickly in the end and I couldn't really capture it. 'Darn!' I thought as I walked back in the front door. 'Darn', as I tripped over something at the front step. 

'Oh, a parcel!' How exciting. A very wet parcel, unfortunately. Funny, I wasn't expecting anything...

Turns out, it was a parcel from the Hannah Arendt Center in New York. I've just recently formalised my membership and I join a virtual reading group early on Saturday mornings...very early, I mean 1.00am-type early. It has been wonderfully encouraging for my work. 

And so it became today's pic. I love my hobby (#project365 and taking photos) but I love my work, probably just a little more, and somehow, being a member of this centre now makes me feel very chuffed. Even after a long Friday at the office. 

member!

Building my Arendt library


Now, more reading. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.58pm, 9.53pm]