Monday 21 September 2015

Day 264 2015: Budding talents...

Day 264: ...spring is (almost) here

Having had a rather intense work day at home, I stepped outside once or twice to smell the roses. Well, not actually the roses, since they haven't quite bloomed at the moment. But I did get to 'smell' the native frangipanis.* Now this tree blossoms but once a year, for about five days and often because of work commitments, mostly conferences and things, I tend to miss them completely. Generally, my neighbour kindly texts me to let me know they are in blossom and looking lovely. 

But today, I was able to take them in for myself, along with one or two others around the place, including the emerging Madonna's Lily.

The frangipani

Emergence
And the bonsai has new leaves. That's always a relief after a winter's hibernation.

New leaves

And at the end of the day, the sky turned a lovely pinky-orange. 

Twilight sky with palm frond
And so, off I went to rehearsal, because it is Monday, and that is what I do, whatever the season, though my talent is well past budding. Fossilised perhaps. 

*I could also tell you about the possum smell...but I won't. (~,~:

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 2.47pm-2.52pm; 5.58pm]