Wednesday 2 September 2015

Day 245 2015: Egrets (plural), kangaroo (singular) ...

Day 245: ...a rainbow connection

It was just a day for unusual things really. A typically long Wednesday, my time for a break and stroll came at about 4.00pm. Just one direction at that time of day, to the lake. To see what one might see...

An egret? A few kangaroos perhaps? 

On the contrary. For the first time I've ever seen, there was a flock, a whole flock of egrets...about twenty in all. I've never seen so many and clearly they hadn't seen the long-lens human before either and I didn't quite capture them as I wished but a glimpse nonetheless...

The collective noun for egrets would be...

...ah, too late, they've gone.

Didn't seem to bother the kangaroo, just one today, trying to camouflage himself, clearly. 

If I stand still, no-one will notice...

But the sight of the day had to be this refracted light as it hit the branch of the tree...


The luck of the tree
I had to walk up and touch it to make sure someone hadn't yarn-bombed it. So many sights, none of which I'd come across before really. It must have been the rainbow connection. 

[Camera : Canon 60D, 4.16pm-4.21pm; iPhone 6, 4.05pm (tree)]