Tuesday 21 November 2017

Day 322, 18 Nov 2017: Meet and greet...

Day 322: ...and playing up

Not the best day weatherwise for a parental meet and greet and a showcase of student club and societies activities on campus. Wet and windy. And cold. Fine for the indoors where we met the parents of the students we teach, not so great outdoors where students were performing their long-rehearsed programs for the day.

By the time we got back to base (it was a long session with the parents) I was in time at least to watch the students of the chamber orchestra club ...

violins

cellos

the all important bass section

End of the day


They played a few tunes that I had played with my bands back home, and I was really wanting to be up on stage with them (at least to help with some conducting if nothing else). But they did well, given the conditions. And I'm inspired to get back to my playing soon.

[Camera : iPhone6s, 4.00pm 5.00pm; 18 November 2017]