Friday 5 December 2014

Day 339: Christmas is in the air...

Day 339: ...and on the Mall

Yes, Christmas is on its way and it struck me today how near and yet so far it will be for me this year. Or, rather than far, I'll get to see it in Tokyo again, the second time in a couple of years. (Of course, the first three days of the New Year are when all the celebrations get serious. Really foodie serious...there will be reports.)

So today as I worked my way through a few pre-trip chores in the city, I realised I'd never really taken in the decorations in the the Queen St Mall before.

There are the windows outside Myer of course with a variation on Goldilocks and the Three Bears along the lines of Santa and the Three Polar Bears...yeah, nah.

The bears, looking cold cool

And then there are the Xmas toys--oversize versions of what were once traditional toys under the tree. It was kind of nice. 


On guard

Anticipation
Of course, next week, there will be Christmas decorations in Tokyo, there will be similarities and differences. I have to say I'm kind of looking forward to it. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 5.39pm-5.43pm]