Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 347: A symposium

Day 347: ...and the eve of the election*

Today was the second day of the Musashino University 90th Anniversary celebrations I'm attending. Today starts a little later which means a little bit more time to work in my room. While I was working I was interested, in a photographic way, in the changes in light of the view from the window. Yesterday, we saw the night view, today, the change over a couple of hours. 

The sun rises

...and shines all day

There's just something about the light when you look with photographic eyes. 

Later, it was down to the lobby to wait for the others and moving to the next stage of the event: the student presentations (different from yesterday's contest), a keynote speech about the future of Japanese speakers, and a symposium on why we should continue to encourage the study of Japanese. I didn't have to do much today but can I say that Helen, our representative from the University of the Sunshine Coast, did us all very proud and impressed the audience. 

Japan doesn't celebrate Christmas as such, but they do enjoy any reason to deck the halls as it were...the Christmas tree in the lobby of the hotel is quite impressive.

Oh Christmas tree...

Attention turns to the Japanese election tomorrow, no rest. 

*I'm a psephologist...I'm going to mention elections at any opportunity of course!

[Camera : iPhone 6, 6.53am, 10.33am, 11.29am]