Monday 22 December 2014

Day 355: Oh, so expensive coffee does exist...

Day 355: but the lights saved the day 

Well, we're into the final 10 days of this year's project 365. I've had a look through the pics trying to pick out a favourite, or a top three, or a top ten perhaps...hmm. 

Anyway, for something a little different today, I headed to Yurakucho famous for being the suburb next to the Ginza. I met with a USC colleague and a PhD student and colleague now teaching back here in Japan. 

It was a lovely lunch/coffee although I finally had one of those expensive coffees one hears about but I didn't think still existed...900 per cup. Goodness. Lucky I know where to get all the cheap ones.

Pretty

This, believe it or not, cost just 50yen (50c) more than the coffee

Tea and Wakayama manju for supper


At least the Christmas illuminations made up for it.

Lots of places do Christmas lights around the place. It may be the focus for the next week or so.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 1.30pm, 4.36pm, 7.40pm]