Friday 26 December 2014

Day 360: Blue sky for archives...

Day 360: ...just the reading and analysis ahead

Last day to work in any public institutions. The National Library is already closed for the end of year/new year celebrations and today the Archives were opened for just one last day. I had about seven folders I still wanted to look at...a race against time. 

On the way I couldn't help but marvel at the marvellous blue sky, so clear for Tokyo. The light in the icho (銀杏 ginkgo) leaves, the backdrop to Tokyo Tower, the clarity of the buildings around the Diplomatic Archives building. 

Tokyo's trees, Tokyo's leaves

Tokyo Tower, again

Brilliant blue sky
It was dark when I came out. I managed to get through all the folders I wanted to, except one. It was being microfilmed. I'll just have to come back some time. My thanks to the staff there, so very helpful. 

Anyway, I can take it a little easy between now and heading home. Might just have to go for a walk in a park next week. Ueno Park perhaps...it is holiday time after all. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 10.22am, 10.25am]