Tuesday 30 December 2014

Day 364: To a bookshop...

Day 364: ...to seek some...books

I made it out the door today. A lovely bluesky day, I've been fascinated by the way these electricity wires dance across the horizon for ages, they remind me of the sculpture outside the Queensland Art Gallery, but with a practical bent. 

Everyday 'sculpture'

Itabashi neighbourhood scene


I like this scene too of the neighbourhood. There a mix of old and new. Amazing to think some of the area remains unchanged from thirty years ago when I first lived here. 

But all this was on the way to today's major excursion...my favourite bookshop, the one I've been trying to get to for the past two days. 



If I had to nominate a place of worship...


Kinokuniya, in Shinjuku. That's seven floors of books, magazines, music...etc etc. If you can't get a book here, well, you're not likely to get it anywhere. Well, not quite, but there is a good range to choose from. I thought I demonstrated restraint, with a spending limit and weight limit (thinking excess baggage here) and just how much can one carry home on a train. 

Of course, at the end of a busy shopping day, one must have coffee and...



Short break, tiramisu is served

All the books




Now, to do all the reading.

And now, we face the last day of this #project365...what will tomorrow bring?

[Camera : iPhone 6, 12.05pm, 2.55pm, 3.19pm]