Wednesday 24 December 2014

Day 358: Eight views of...

Day 358: ... a Tokyo Tower Christmas!

Well, sort of. Japan has managed to appropriate aspects of Christmas that make the place all red and green and lights. Much like they manage Halloween (except orange...). Most of the action happens on Christmas Eve (we've just eaten the Christmas Cake). 

Anyway, on the way home from a day in the Diplomatic Archives I thought I'd head via Tokyo Tower, expecting an array of colour and lights. 

Not quite. As I approached the tower, it looked the same orange and white. Perhaps they've forgotten?

An approach to Tokyo Tower

Christmas tree, oh, Christmas tree

Tower reflections

Looking up

Much to photograph

Rose, with tower

Change of lights

Last look

But as I came around the corner, there were lights, down around the entrance. 

Poor old TT. Ever since the Skytree opened over the other side of town, it has fallen a little out of favour. But Tokyo Tower is making a comeback. There's a kind of nostalgia for it, or so it seems. Eight views of Mt Fuji, eight views of Tokyo Tower...I think we can see where my nostalgia lies...

[Camera : iPhone 6, 5.15pm-5.25pm]