Wednesday 31 December 2014

Day 365: 365 days later...

Day 365: ...it's been a lot of fun

We've arrived at 31 December, 365 days since we started. I'm back here in Tokyo, seeing in the new year with friends before I return home to restart 2015. Turns out it was my second trip to Tokyo this year, for work. 

I guess in its strictest sense, there should have been only 365 photos, but there are a few more than that. I hope you've enjoyed them. There's something quite grounding in the day knowing at some point you have to take a photo (or two) and be prepared to say something about it. Thanks to friend and colleague Susan Hetherington (@snoozen) at susansnaps.blogspot.com for getting me started. As a long time amateur photographer it's been nice to have something to do with the pics other than just store them. 

The view outside my bedroom window this morning seemed to be an appropriate one: sun rising, a new bloom...bring on 2015. 

The morning of the last day
There's also the Japanese tradition of 'toshikoshi soba' to see out the old year and bring in the new. We did this at our local favourite restaurant where we also picked up tomorrow's feast, osechi ryori (think Christmas day lunch...with more than you can eat). 

Taking out the old year, bringing in the new
The other tradition of sorts is to watch the 'red and white' song contest, a mix of old and new talent. It makes me feel a bit old...the ones I watched thirty years ago return each year, looking a bit older and then there are all these new players, too young to be on TV...

Wada Akiko

Wada Akiko remains a favourite from way back when...(think Carol Lloyd, Railroad Gin...)

Anyway, thank you to you, dear reader, for looking at the pics and reading my thoughts on each day of this year. See you next year, maybe. 

I wish you a fabulous 2015. 

\(^o^)/

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 9.33am (cropped); iPhone 6, 6.08pm, 8.48pm]