Thursday 11 December 2014

Day 345: Christmas lights...

Day 345: ...in Ariake

Ariake. It is an interesting part of Tokyo. Newish. Built largely on reclaimed land in Tokyo Bay. It is also the main site for much of the activity surrounding the Tokyo Olympics, due in 2020. I'm here for a few days to participate in the anniversary celebrations of Musashino University. This includes judging a speech contest and participating in a symposium. It is all rather interesting. 

I had to start with  coffee...
Coffee essentials

Then I took a stroll around the area this evening, there are lots of lights. 

I expect to see quite a bit of this place over the next few days. I'm looking forward to it, I must say. 


Reflections over the 'Big Bridge of Dreams'


The Ariake Ferris wheel lights up

...with a spectacular Christmas show

...in all sorts of ways

And sometimes the light show can be elsewhere...


More pics to come, I'm sure.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 4.07pm, 5.42-6.11pm]