Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 161: The light is real...

Day 161: ...the grass is not...

I had a run up #theBruce Highway today, north of Brisbane, to get to work. I drive it often. One thing I notice is the difference in light quality at different times of the morning and evening. A photographer could spend a year on those kilometres between Brisbane and the campus taking so many photos: the grasses, the trees, the paddocks...on it goes.

One thing I've always wanted to stop and photograph is the sunlight on the long grasses along the highway, usually in the middle on the median strip so quite dangerous really. But the effect of the light is marvellous and the hues of colour quite pretty. 

I have an imitation grass plant in the lounge room and the sunlight hit it just so this morning. It is what I'd like to do outdoors. Consider it a bit of a practice shot for the day I get a chance to stop the car and smell the...grass? Oh, wait...not quite what I meant.


Morning light on the grass

In the late afternoon too, there was a prime opportunity to have another go at the moon (with apologies to you, dear reader)...this time with a touch of atmospheric sunset cloud. I'll keep at it. 

Cloudy moon

Soon to be full...moon
There's almost a face in there, almost. The light is real...just different, every minute of the day.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 7.22am; Canon EOS 60D 75-300mm, 4.49pm]