Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 180: The river hop...

Day 180: ...and a tai chi step...

And jump: to Sunday. We've been anticipating this day for a little while. The tai chi group was set to catch the little river ferry between parks, stop off, do a tai chi set and be on our way...from New Farm all the way around to South Bank. 

Now this is a little adventure I've not undertaken before and like a typical city resident, unlike our city visitors, I'd never thought to do so. The city reach of our Brisbane River is a lovely, intriguing and interesting place from 'on the river'. I only had the fruit phone with me today but I've already determined to head back with the big cam, get on and off more often and capture a bit of a river story...one day.

Back to today. A perfect blue sky day but a strong gusty wind at times. Apart from blowing out a couple of my more 'delicate' moves, it was a lot of fun. A lot of bystanders watched with some interest (or something...?) and we were done by 2.30ish. 


The Wheel, again
Waterfront Place, bluesky (I once worked on the 36th floor here) 
Story Bridge, bluesky (and rule-breaking sun, photographically-speaking)
Follow me! Seagulls on the pool, South Bank
Sunday Cool Cats: The Hanlon Brothers on the Green and the CityCat on the river
End of the Arbor Walk: Bougainvillea and Somerville House, South Brisbane

That meant another chance for another stroll along South Bank through to the Mater Hospital end, a repeat of yesterday but with about two hours difference...

...and what a difference an hour or two can make to a Brisbane afternoon's light. Left me feeling with a bit of a hop, skip and jump in my step.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 10.14am, 10.40am, 10.48am, 2.27pm, 2.51pm, 2.58pm]