Tuesday 24 June 2014

Day 175: Just a couple of blow-ins...

Day 175: ...and a noisy miner

After all the action of the last few days with the Baza and the other birds, I opted for a quieter photographic day. The beautiful sunrise was going to be the theme for today: all the #612tweepsters were enamoured and the twitter timeline was chockas with sunrise scenes from all over the city and surrounds. 

I was headed in that direction too. Up and at it at around 6.00am to get those shots. I was thinking about trekking into the city proper but though the better of it. Besides, the view from the backyard was just as stunning, with that 'inky pattern' I'm taking a liking to lately. 

But, I digress. While I was out and about in the yard, my photographic eye caught the images of these leaves: I know, no particular reason, I just thought they were a picture unto themselves...where they fell.


First leaf

Second leaf

Third leaf

Late in the afternoon, one of the kookas returned and with the kookas (and indeed the Baza) come the noisy miners. Now, there are some tweeps who have a bit of a soft spot for these birds...so here, dear reader, for you, are the afternoon blow-ins: kooka and the miner. (Inspired by @Chasseur06)...

Another blow-in...


Now, there is a sequel to this day...Day 175.5...there were just too many pic ops for just one day. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 8.07-8.09am; Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 4.45pm, (cropped)]