Sunday 15 June 2014

Day 166: Capturing sunlight...

Day 166: ...Sunday's sunny sunbeams

It turned out to be a magnificent Brisbane winter's day. It wasn't supposed to be quite like that. We were expecting clouds and showers in parts, cold doona weather for much of the day. (OK, it is relative, for us 10 degrees is a cool start.)

When I sit out on the back verandah early in the morning, the sun works its magic through the trees, the leaves, the bougainvillea. You will know that dear reader, I have posted examples of those sunbeams previously. While I was joyfully taking the sun on the bougainvilleas...



Sunbeams 1
 ...my favourite loris dropped by on their perch as well. I was struck by the sunlight as it bounced off their feathers.

Sunbeams 2

Sunbeams 3
What a perfectly good excuse to capture some little Sunday sunny sunbeams. (Sufficient overuse of theme there do you agree?)

Off I went then to spend the day with my mum down the coast. A rather lovely winter's day.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 8.04am, 8.40pm, 8.41pm; all cropped]