Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 155: Greeting the dawn light?

Day 155: ...don't worry...

I've written earlier about the delight I take in being up and about early in the morning, well, OK, in the dark before sun-up. Even when I don't have to be anywhere particularly early, I still find myself awake in those early hours. Nowadays, it is a very good time for a spot of tai chi. 

Photographically-speaking of course, the light at this time of the day is great to work with. At particular times of the year too, and through the trees in my yard, the scene takes on the appearance of art assignments we had at school--colour some paper with water-based acrylic then pour black ink and then blow the ink with a straw...voila, art!



Dawn with ink

Well, these days, I get to do it with a camera though I must say, the effect is making me want to get that ink bottle and straw out again. 

I was also struck by the leaves on the verandah. Now the day-to-day view is that you're probably thinking my verandah needs sweeping, and you would be right of course. But the bonsai leaves created, albeit temporarily, a picture worth capturing, mainly for the light effect. 



Leaf and shadow 1

Leaf and shadow 2
And finally today, another day on campus, but seriously folks, when you're greeted by this mob, like this, at work...well, it can't be all bad can it. 

Time for work...for some


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 6.03am, 7.44am, 8.01am, 10.10am]