Sunday 22 June 2014

Day 172: A little sparkle...

Day 172: ...turned to seed...

No, it's not as bad as it sounds. It was just the two most picturesque things to pass by my lens today; very contrasting but pleasant in their own ways.

Being Saturday, well, it does seem I may have this sort of semi-permanent gig down at the local cafe. Gloria quite insists I continue there when I can...we had a return customer (Beatles fan) and a couple of the residents from the nursing home pop over to 'see what all the music was about'. (Londonderry Air for them, always a favourite for those of a certain age.)

Hehe, I can't help but chuckle. We're going full-on this Wednesday with a pizza night and 'live music'. "Bwhahaha"as we say on twitter but there you go. 

The sun hits an interesting angle at a particular time of the afternoon and I have mentioned that I like to capture light (and shadow) in all its manifestations. Mid-song, I couldn't go past this refection of the sax on the music...just a nice afternoon. 

Shine one...
When I got home, I just liked the colour contrast of the out-of-place bougainvillea leaf among the birdseed. No other reason really. 

Colourful contrast, nothing out of place really

The evening finished up with one of the most accomplished performances of the Rachmaninov Piano Concerto no. 3 I have ever seen, a world premiere of Stanhope's Elegies and Dances and a special performance of a rare original manuscript of Sibelius's fifth symphony. Now *that* is music...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.30pm, 4.12pm]