Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 177: There was something in the air...

Day 177: ...and it wasn't clouds

The last few days have taught me that while I thought I was taking photos of sunrises and sunsets, in fact, I've been taking pics of clouds. The tweepster alert had us up and looking east early enough...and looking and looking. 

I saw the sun rise, and without the clouds the colour was very different. But it made me focus on the 'other sights' while I was waiting. I like the result: 


Sun rises in the east 1
Sun rises in the east 2
The other lovely thing about cloudless starts is the blue sky later in the day. The bougainvillaea a little later, for example: 

Pink/blue


And on the way to the bus stop today there was one of the best examples of our blue sky days...the poinsettia flowers. 


Blue sky, red flower

The sky stayed like that all day. It makes such a difference to the day, everyone remarks on sky, it is like there is a magic 'something' all day. The setting sun mirrored its rising this morning.  

Blue sky, 23 degrees celsius. That's a Brisbane winter's day. Tough huh.

[Canon : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 6.40am, 6.41am, 9.39am; iPhone 4S 11.11am; some cropping]