Monday 9 June 2014

Day 160: It's taken a while to arrive...

Day 160: ...but winter is almost here

Well, it seems to be if you care to look in the kitchen. Public holiday today for the day that is not actually the actual birthday of she who reigns over us (well may God Save the Queen...etc and so forth). So, mostly a day of work here for me, apart from a brief outing to a tai chi class and then back to do more reading, writing and thinking. I did plan to do other things, but there was a bit of a chill in the air so I decided a day indoors working was apt. 

Mid-afternoon felt like I should have been filling the house with warm cooking-type smells and it felt like a mushroom casserole-type evening. I don't know why particularly. But like your typical MasterChef, I had mushrooms and tomatoes in the fridge...what could I make of that?

Officially winter...

Fresh herbs from the garden, olive oil, a leetle red wine and a couple of hours later: dinner.

I should do it more often.

And yes, another foodie-type post, oh my.  

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.32pm]