Monday 30 June 2014

Day 181: The sky, a canvas...

Day 181: ...nature's palette...

Today is 30 June. That is, calendarly-speaking, halfway through the year; the end of the Australian financial year; tax time approaches. In terms of #project365 though, we're not quite halfway yet. It was also perhaps the coldest day so far in Brisbane, well by cold we mean it got down to about four degrees for about ten minutes, sometime between 6.00am and 6.09am, or thereabouts. The rest of the day was a brilliant sunshiny-day. 

Perfect day for another look at the sky. Early on while the loris and kookas twittered and laughed away, I experimented with some shutter speeds. A very fast speed on the bamboo offered some real clarity (1/1600). It also presented an almost surreal sense. I like the effect...it might make good wallpaper. 


Fast bamboo

The evening sky offered another canvas and I was particularly interested in the ridge behind my place. I noticed the light on it the other morning during sunrise and wondered about it as a sunset view. Just as I did, the clouds scooted across the viewfinder. I'd take forever to learn to apply paint with brushes to a canvas for that minimalist effect. Press the shutter button, and presto! Cheating? No, not really. Just learning to work within my artistic limits. 


Cloudscape I

Cloudscape II
A classic case of "art"is in the eye of the beholder...or the viewfinder, in this case. 

On its way back...

And, the moon is on its way back. Just in case you were missing it, dearest reader. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 9.11am, 5.10pm, 5.14pm, 5.16pm]