Monday 18 June 2018

Day 167/365: Getting the day back on track...

...when things don't go quite to plan

Saturday. It should have been the first clarinet rehearsal in a few weeks. It is also two days before the first term grades deadline...talk about battle between the heart and head. 

So head said 'grades' because all the meetings over the last few weeks meant I haven't done quite enough to get the grades done by Monday and also reminded me that all those meetings and long days meant, to be honest, I probably didn't have the physical will to cart that bass clarinet case all the way to the studio...

So on the bus, and within 35 seconds realised I left my glasses at home. These would be the glasses I need to read the essays and enter the marks I was heading off to do instead of playing the clarinet...it is also a sign of ageing too I suppose. 

Lunch

View of the passing traffic

Both ends

Fragrance button please

Outside the door of the building

Budding, see you tomorrow

Last week's hydrangeas today

Intense colours

Mauves

Mixed

Side-by-side


All of which is why I was delayed by an hour looking for those cheap emergency reading glasses at the train station (yes, those ones that you see everywhere went you don't need them but for the life of everything cannot find when you need them), and eating lunch at 2.45pm. 

Got to work, finished one of the classes grades but more to come. That's probably tomorrow sorted. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 2.43pm-2.58pm, 6.33pm-6.35pm; 16 June 2018]