Tuesday 26 June 2018

Day 175/365: It is that time of the year...

...when I am three weeks early, again

It is not that I do it on purpose, really. I had reason to go to Ueno today, to a surf shop to look for a case for my replica board. Even though I knew from experience (see last year) that I would be a smidge early, I went to the park to check out the lotus garden. 

Of course, I was too early, even earlier than last year...

In the distance

Swimmer

Droplets

Sitting quietly

Already fallen

Holding pattern

Floating

All the green

Life on a hydrangea

Last year's remnants

Lots of these

And these

Variation on a theme

The sign said 'don't feed the fish' but of course someone did

Reflections

More hydrangeas

It's a jungle in parts

Greetings

Submerged, darkly

Sun protection

Early shift

Too early

Trying its best


Still, there was plenty to see and this time I did wander into corners of the garden I hadn't been before, so that's a good thing. 

I will have to try harder and get there again in the next few weeks to see them in their full glory, Even if only to visit the Yebisu Bar for a beer and pizza, good end to a weekend. 

[Camera: Canon EOS M5, 4.04pm-4.43pm; 24 June 2018]