Saturday 16 June 2018

Day 161/365: Up and at it...

...there is a paper to present

Sunday morning, in the country. Well, in a roadside business hotel in a Tokyo satellite city counting down the minutes until I present this paper I've been working on. 

Today we have all the individual research presentations, as opposed to yesterday's special panel.

There is a part of me that knows it is important to get and present my work at conferences such as this. There is a bigger part of me that wonders why I still do it--the nerves, the angst, the constant feelings of being unprepared...

The view from the window

Staircase or art?

Mossy

Azalea time here

Baby hydrangea

Intense

In the distance

A few raindrops

Busy bee


Anyway, done. And a little time in between sessions to take in the surrounds. 

Until next year. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 5.58am, 1.37pm-1.43pm; 10 June 2018]