Thursday 17 February 2022

There was a bright light during the day...

 ...but good to know all is well... (48/365, 17 Feb 2022)

Today was a different day, starting with a trip to the local clinic for a follow-up check-up on a few body parts. Nothing really to report suffice to say, those internal cameras are quite something (let's just stick to the technological wonder of it all shall we). 

At another time, and probably on the other blog, I will write at length about the very good Japanese medical system and the way it works and the national health insurance scheme (it is what Medicare could be on several levels). Funnily enough, I never required any medical attention in my earlier residences here in the 1980s. Now as an employee, I am required by law to attend a 'ningen dock' once a year, a full physical medical check. This time around there was a bit of a follow up check. All good.

It did mean fasting from the night before and not being able to eat for a further hour afterwards. For someone who makes breakfast the main meal of the day, it is really hard to walk out the door sans breakfast. 

So I've been resting today. Turned up for a meeting (online) late in the day but found I couldn't really speak (as I said above, stick to marveling the technology of those cameras, not the nitty gritty detail...).

As I was lying there thinking, reading and wondering, the sunlight hit the building across the way, in a manner that always reminds me of a Jeffrey Smart painting. And as I've mentioned before, a lot of my 'ways of looking' is strongly influenced by Smart. 

Smart building




It is a sense of light that reminds me of home too. Good timing, 30 minutes later, the clouds rolled in.

The little flower pic from the weekend bouquet, still going.

These pics today on the iPhone, 12 mini.