Tuesday 22 February 2022

As seasons come and go...

 ... the landscape shifts and shapes ... (53/365, 22 Feb 2022, or 22-02-22 as we say here)

Today, among other things, is known as 'Cat Day' here in Japan because of all the twos in the date. Read in onomatopoeia style, it sounds like a cat meowing. But that has nothing to do with today's pics. And indeed, as more of a puppy person, meh. But Japanese onomatopoeia is a topic worthy of its own post, one day.

Today was an early start to get to the office for a couple of important meetings. The teaching has ended, but the work continues as they say. Such was the day, that I opted to leave a bit earlier than usual and take the long walk back to the station that is option B when I want to take a slightly different path home. The days are getting longer, which is good for the light a photographer prefers. And around the precinct, preparations are underway for spring--get ready for all the tulips...

There is also some construction/deconstruction underway. I have previously mentioned the faux French village viewed from my office window that is now demolished. On today's walk, I was reminded that soon enough the ferris wheel will come down, while some of the last remnants of the 2020/1 Olympics are also being demolished. 

Interesting to see the gardens being prepared at this end of the precinct. I must make my way back in a few weeks to check on developments.


Taking flight 1


Taking flight 2


This sign was at the other end of the promenade until recently, I wondered where it went

A large bonsai (if that's not a contradiction)

On the home run


Of course, it was a great joy to see the heron in my travels...if only I'd been a bit closer, or had the big cam on me. Next time.

Today I worked with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm. Tomorrow is a public holiday. Not sure what I'll do just yet. Can't waste a day off in a non-teaching period though.