Wednesday 2 February 2022

It can be busy at times...

 ...so can the port... (33/365, 2 Feb 2022)

I've always loved the movement of water--beaches, harbours, rivers, oceans. OK maybe not floods or leaking taps, but you get the idea I'm sure. I grew up by the beach, until I moved to Brisbane and since then I've generally been a couple of hours travel time away (both in Brisbane, where the SunCoast's Moffat Beach is my fave; and here in Tokyo where, a little further south, Chigasaki stands out as my fave 'local' beach). So in planning ahead, I know my ashes will be spread somewhere near one of these beaches...😊. 

And I'm sure you don't need reminding that I work in a building that overlooks one of Tokyo's ports. It can be fascinating, and could be quite distracting at times, if I allowed it to be. Of course, classes and meetings continue here, I am still juggling both. But just on occasion I glance out the window and sometimes there can be a little action on the port. (Pre-Olympics I recall the anti-terrorism squad doing a drill on the water here ... just like an action movie. Maybe it was an action movie, the port is a popular backdrop for detective stories.)

The ships come and go and today a couple were doing just that. 

Going out...

Coming in...

Backing up (with passing train)

Favourite little yellow boat

When you see them up close (or through the zoom lens) you notice they are probably a little rustier than they should be. I hope everyone on board is safe.

Today from the tenth floor, the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens was the cam of choice today.

More tomorrow, but I will try to get out more.