Friday 11 February 2022

The snow started to thaw...

 ...but not before people had fun with it... (42/365, 11 Feb 2022)

So yesterday I mentioned learning about the different qualities and textures of snow. Soft, light, heavy, wet, dry, sleety, fluffy and the the rest. And it seems the fall over Tokyo was not all that widespread, friends near work, closer to the water, mentioned they had none. 

And the first thing I noticed this morning was that someone overnight had made some snow figures in the park. That didn't happen last time because, well, the snow didn't have the same...what do you call it...'firmness'? Kids were making snowballs and chucking them around too. 




Nature's effort


It is a public holiday today but I have a work commitment tomorrow so I wasn't going too far. In the afternoon I decided to go for a walk to the local temple (yes, the Tokyo Daibutsu), not expecting any snow to be around (it would be hard to top last time) but it is a reasonable walk, a good destination and, if I walk just a little further, there is a park as well that usually gets the early plum blossoms (and excellent plum flavoured soft ice cream). 

It was a sunny day, got to around 9 degrees Celsius, and made for a good walk. 

Snow was still around

Cold hands

Plum blossoms in the botanical gardens

Also in the botanical gardens but could be in the mountains anywhere...

Icy pond

I just like moss, on rocks, that has gathered

Ever since I spied those robai blossoms, I now see them everywhere




Signs of Spring everywhere


Still my favourite

And this angle


No snow today 😀


The Seven Lucky ones





Of course, I have my favourite things I like to see when I go to the temple but also, it is always interesting to find new things I haven't seen or noticed before. 

And a few blossoms down at the park as well...there will be more, many more, of these blossoms to come as Spring emerges...





Today's walk with the hard-working Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens, which needed a battery charge at the end of the day. As does its owner...