Friday 25 February 2022

Further signs of Spring...

 ... it's all in the tweets... (56/365, 25 Feb 2022)

One of those days of odd scheduling...a meeting at 5:00pm. Friday. It is Friday and I had a meeting at 5:00pm. On the positive side of things, it's online so...I could plan a day around getting to the office at that time, or stay home and work. As it turned out, it was the day at home. Catching up on some things, thinking about others. 

The signs of Spring are all around and today was considerably warmer during the day, compared with recent times. Temps actually made it into double figures (well, just, but 11-12degC is warmer than recently). And so it was while I was thinking about some content for an article I am drafting, I heard the first (perhaps the original) tweets coming from outside. 

Over in the trees in the neighbourhood park, the birds are starting to make their Springy presence known. I reckon there might be a nest in this tree before too long, about the time the pink of the blossoms provide suitable camouflage. 

The little black and white twitterer, a bit of a ground-dweller, reminds me of the willy-wagtails at home for their movement and the peewees for their colour. 'Hakusekirei' in Japanese, it is also known as a Japanese pied wagtail...so how's that. A relative of the willy wagtail at home!



The Pied Wagtail



Spring skies, blossoms incoming


The pigeon is hanging around on my balcony a bit, up on the aircon unit, then on the railing and over to the wires. A bit of cooing going on there too. Spring is certainly approaching.

Today, because I was home, a combination of the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm from the balcony and the M5, 18-150mm, to capture the wagtail in the park.