Tuesday 8 February 2022

Trees in urban settings...

 ...trees are a favourite subject... (39/365, 8 Feb 2022)

I couldn't tell you when, where, why or how it happened, but for many a year, forever it seems, for as long as I've had a camera in hand, trees have been a favourite subject. The trunks, the leaves, the blooms, trees in urban settings, trees in fields; trees in Australia, Japan, the US and Finland (the countries I've been to the most, or lived in, as it happens). 

Even here in my neighbourhood, there are some I've come to admire. Of course there are those across the road in the park, but ones in the streets as well, as I go about my daily chores. Today was mostly a day at home. With all uni meetings online, including today, I am trying to not go out too much if it can be avoided. 

I did, however, have to go to the shops later in the day, simple grocery shopping but a bit further afield than the local convenience store. 

A few of the trees along the way (other trees are starting to show their buds...more of those to come as spring comes along...).

Perched

When life imitates art imitates life

One of my favourites and its contrast with the apartments

This is a glorious pine in someone's front yard

In a few weeks time, you won't see the branches for the leaves


Today's walk with the iPhone 12 mini, because when I go shopping, no matter how much  think I just need fruit and yoghurt, I always come home with more than I should, with not enough room for a cam.