Monday 21 February 2022

Fruits of one's labour...

 ... or just fruits ... (52/365, 21 Feb 2022)

One of those days where there was one meeting scheduled, just 20 minutes but starting at 1:20pm, yes, right in the middle of the day. (It is to do with all those entrance exams I supervise...we have a few of these meetings.) So really the day has to be planned around those very few minutes. What to do? There is research of course. At the moment I have a pile of newspapers all over the desk (and inconveniently piled up on my exercise bike--there are a lot of papers, a lot of backlogged research and article collection to be done, and a rather small space in which to do it all--such is #tokyolyf), so I thought I might tackle those today. 

After the meeting, it was a walk up the road to the shops where I get my freshly ground coffee (and the only stock of Vegemite in my neighborhood) and freshly baked bread and then I was going to go 'somewhere' to take some snaps for today's project. But of course, phone calls from work, more meetings scheduled now for the week (therefore cancelling out the little bit of research I had been doing for an extended trip over the weekend), and as it transpired, I didn't get out again this afternoon. One of the reasons for that is although it was a lovely sunny day, with blue sky accompaniment, it was very cold, with a strong wind coming down from the north, carrying all the snow cold with it. The 'feels like' temperature didn't rise above one degree Celsius today, and indeed remained at or below zero.

Then I remembered, I took a pic of this morning's strawberries, quite big, rather fresh and rather photogenic. It then occurred to me that I take pics of flowers all the time...what about fruit? So here we are.

It all started with this pic...







And that, dear reader, is how sometimes, this blog features completely unplanned, mundane things. 

To go with today's rather lethargic approach, it was all done on the iPhone 12 mini.

Tomorrow, it is off to work, to one of those meetings that wasn't scheduled until late in the day...