Wednesday 2 May 2018

Day 121/365: Take a walk on the portside...

...just for a change

It's been a while since I went for a walk down by the actual port. I see it every day from the office window; I sometimes pop over to one of the main river access points (like yesterday); sometimes I just walk on by. But today, after going to the post office which was open today (unlike yesterday), I took the longer road back to the office, crossed the road and went portside.

It is a different perspective on the old familiar with a few ships in, and going out and a park of sorts to wander through and smell...well, pigfaces, I'm reliably informed (Carpobrotus--a form of nadeshiko).

Good morning

Setting

Rocks

Sail away

Cargo loading

Wall one way

Pinks/purples

Loaded

Other direction

Still life : cones

Hello again...


Anyway, it was a nice stroll, much to contemplate as the days roll on and we head into three days of public holidays. There is much work to do. Nice of the moon to wake me this morning as it shone through the window, and reappeared over the port, just as I was leaving. 

Starting where I finished where I started...as it were. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 4.42am, 4.45am; Canon EOS M5, 3.25pm-3.38pm, 8.12pm; 1 May 2018]