Saturday 3 September 2016

Day 247 2016: Random thoughts...

Day 247: ...in and around the neighbourhood

It remains for me one of the wonders of the internet that once a month I can converse with a reading group in New York and talk about Hannah Arendt...for those in New York, it is a convenient 11.00am call; for those of us in other parts, it is a bit of a midnight shift. But it is worth it.

What it also means, often times, is that the best-laid Saturday plans can sometimes be put back a bit in order to catch up with sleep, thoughts and other things. The conversation is always engaging and I get all inspired to get writing again. 

So it meant that today, late this afternoon, I went for a wander with my camera and my thoughts and looked around the neighbourhood. Again. 

Roof detail 1

Roof detail 2: the local abandoned house

Tankard of coffee, thank you

Yes, it is the supermarket car park; why?, I do not know

Not a fan of the product, but I do like the seat

Streetside flora : exhibit A


Naturally, I thought it necessary to stop by the local coffee shop for more thoughts and reading...and supporting local business. 

It's a pretty nice place to be in really. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.39pm-5.51pm; 3 September 2016]