Thursday 22 September 2016

Day 264 2016: Early to start...

Day 264: ...early to finish

Yesterday we watched the typhoon pass through the southern areas of Japan. Today, it was Tokyo's turn. And it turned up sooner than expected. Such was the concern on the part of our employers that they sent out an email advisory suggesting we leave for home early if possible (early being 5.00pm already) and they will advise about tomorrow's classes at 6.00am, tomorrow...

All very well, but with an early 9.00am class I need to leave before 6.30 and this is the first lecture I've spent time preparing, and...and...and...

My perfect view does away with the need for weather reports really. I can see the weather before I read about it. And the typhoon was certainly making its presence felt. I don't think I've seen, or not seen, the bridge like this before...

Having missed the bus by >.< (that) much...

It was a dark and stormy...lunchtime

...with a disappearing bridge

...disappeared

But the wheels kept turning


Meanwhile, home, in the rain and wind, soaked pretty much through and through. Now to await the 6.00am call.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 6.44am; Lumix TZ-85, 12.47pm, 3.26pm; 20 September 2016]